“When you get free from certain fixed concepts of the way the world is, you’ll find it is far more subtle, and far more miraculous, than you thought it was” – Alan Watts
Welcome! We’re the Adventure Travel Family!
Our family of 7, has been RV living and full-time traveling for more than 6 years. Back in 2015, we were caught up in the rat race and saw our life flying by too quickly and before we knew it, our kids would be grown up. So we jumped. Not for publicity or attention, but because it felt right. We sold everything we owned (except for surfboards, climbing gear, and mountain bikes of course), ditched conformity, and began traveling in 30 foot RV. Since then, we’ve traveled to 26 countries and live nomadically to this day.
#DefyTheNorm With Us
Calling all dreamers, and doers, and anyone who allergic to the rat race. We’re here to inspire you to boldly and unapologetically live outside the box, dream big, and question everything.
Defying the Norm isn’t just about traveling, and adventuring, and tiny living. It’s about seeing the world as an endless sea of opportunity and constantly telling ourselves, “Well maybe I CAN.”
DEFY the NORM is a vibe of bravery inspiring others to go against the grain and pursue their dreams. It’s a movement for reclaiming our radical nature and unlimited potential.
Shop merch now and be leader in our live outside the box revolution!
- Wyoming Road Trip: Big Horn Mountains to Grand Teton National ParkWyoming is the stuff dreams are made of! At least it is for this adventure addicted family. If you love to hike, climb, and camp, this Wyoming road trip itinerary from the Big Horn mountains through Cody to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park is perfect for you. We zig …
- Glacier National Park in SeptemberSeptember is the best time to visit Glacier National Park! The weather is lovely, it’s far less crowded than summer, and you can even see fall colors starting mid-September! We’ve compiled everything you need to know about visiting Glacier in September, the top fall hikes, and other things to do …
- 17 Best Campgrounds in OregonOregon has some of the best campgrounds in the United States. And that’s saying something, because we’ve stayed at a lot of campgrounds in the western US. We especially love staying at Oregon State Campgrounds because they are clean, affordable, and typically have free showers. If you love the outdoors, …
- 13 Best Campgrounds in Washington StateGlacial covered mountains, alpine lakes, dense forests, driftwood beaches, and trails galore…Washington state has so much beauty and adventure waiting for you. If you like surrounding yourself with gorgeous ecosystems and incredible hiking opportunities, then you’ll definitely want to spend a few nights (or a lifetime) in one of Washington …
- Hiking The Subway Top DownHiking the Subway Top Down in Zion National Park is one of the coolest experiences we’ve ever done! If you are adventurous, hiking The Subway Top Down is something you have to add to your bucket list. There are two ways to explore The Subway, which is also known as …
- Best Hikes In Arches National ParkPlan your Moab trip with the best hikes in Arches National Park including Delicate Arch, Landscape Arch, and our favorite, Double O Arch.