“When you get free from certain fixed concepts of the way the world is, you’ll find it is far more subtle, and far more miraculous, than you thought it was” – Alan Watts
Welcome! We’re the Adventure Travel Family!
Our family of 7, has been RV living and full-time traveling for more than 6 years. Back in 2015, we were caught up in the rat race and saw our life flying by too quickly and before we knew it, our kids would be grown up. So we jumped. Not for publicity or attention, but because it felt right. We sold everything we owned (except for surfboards, climbing gear, and mountain bikes of course), ditched conformity, and began traveling in 30 foot RV. Since then, we’ve traveled to 26 countries and live nomadically to this day.
#DefyTheNorm With Us
Calling all dreamers, and doers, and anyone who allergic to the rat race. We’re here to inspire you to boldly and unapologetically live outside the box, dream big, and question everything.
Defying the Norm isn’t just about traveling, and adventuring, and tiny living. It’s about seeing the world as an endless sea of opportunity and constantly telling ourselves, “Well maybe I CAN.”
DEFY the NORM is a vibe of bravery inspiring others to go against the grain and pursue their dreams. It’s a movement for reclaiming our radical nature and unlimited potential.
Shop merch now and be leader in our live outside the box revolution!
- 10 Best Hikes in Grand Teton National ParkGrand Teton National Park is one of the best places in the world for hiking! In this blog, we’re sharing the 10 best hikes in Grand Teton National Park from easy lakefront trails to epic and strenuous adventure routes! Hiking in Grand Teton holds a special place in my heart. …
- 12 Epic Hikes On The East Coast USA To Add To Your Bucket ListEvery year I say, “This is the year we will finally make it to the East Coast!” but it never happens. We’ve become so obsessed with sharp jagged mountains and hikes to alpine lakes that every summer we end up getting stuck playing in the Rockies or end up flying …
- 19 Best Places For Thanksgiving VacationLooking for some outdoor adventure for your Thanksgiving Weekend? This blog is filled with great ideas for camping, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, skiing/snowboarding, and relaxing this holiday weekend. PinShareShareTweet11 Shares
- 12 Best Hikes in Zion National ParkWant to find the best hikes in Zion National Park? Check out these 12 amazing hikes ranked and our top recommendations to avoid crowds!
- 8 Best Surf Bikinis: Top Swimwear Brands for Active WomenThese are 6 of the best surf bikinis because they are not only stylish and comfortable, but they’re also sturdy, durable, and stay on for surfing small days and big waves
- April 1, 2015: Moving Our Family Into An RVChapter 1: I Hear A Banjo Playing Hey, welcome! This is chapter 1 of my book, The Road Less Traveled, that I wrote a few years ago and never put the effort into marketing because I was having too much fun traveling with my family. Sign up for our email …